Gene.iO is Genopole’s new start-up acceleration program. Replacing the Booster program and enriched by entrepreneur feedback, Gene.iO addresses the pragmatic needs of biotech start-ups looking for initial funding.
Gene.iO is a program for innovative start-ups seeking investors and/or commercial partners to enable market entry and the development of novel products or services in Genopole’s strategic sectors:
- innovative therapies (gene and cell therapies, biotherapies, immunotherapies, diagnosis, etc.)
- bioeconomy (synthetic biology, bioproduction, greentech, foodtech, agritech, etc.)
- computational genomics (programs, data analysis/management, AI, etc.)
The program’s name unites gene, to signify the targeted field of activity (genetics, genomics, biotechnologies), and IO, computing lingo for input/output, which reflects the program’s transformation of the arriving start-ups (input) into consolidated and funded companies (output).
Gene.iO: a pragmatic and personalized acceleration program
The Gene.iO program begins with a meticulous, 360° assessment of the start-up to determine the latter’s strengths and weaknesses and thereafter to elaborate a personalized strategy.
That strategy will implement all of the program’s components:
- choice of four Strategy Packs: Business Model, Fund-Raising, Key Accounts Partnerships, Communication Strategy
- a €20,000 repayable advance
- financial assistance for localization
- support from a reliable and committed mentor
- accompaniment by a Genopole project manager
- access to state of the art technological platforms
- access ti Genopole’s ecosystem