Gene.io is a programme that speeds up the process of obtaining initial financing or signing a first commercial agreement. Initial fundraising is a crucial step for innovative biotechs and a key condition for developing a new product/service and entering the market.
Who can apply?
A Call for Applications is launched each year. Applicants can be biotechnology companies (post-POC) seeking investors or business partners in Genopole’s priority sectors:
- Biotherapy: gene therapy, cell therapy, etc.
- Bioeconomy: greentech, foodtech, agri-agrotech, energy, cosmetics, biomaterials, textiles, etc.
- Digital genomics: software, data analysis/management, AI, etc.
What does Gene.iO offer?
- A full audit identifying strengths and weaknesses to design a tailor-made action plan.
- A repayable advance of €20,000 paid at the start of the programme
- Financial support for on-site setup
- Support from a Genopole project manager
- A dedicated mentor
- An entry card to the Genopole ecosystem
- Access to 25 shared tech platforms.
Each company selects the Expertise packs according to its needs:
- Market access
- Key Account partnerships
Training is provided over the course of the year by external consultants with expertise in bio-innovation. The aim is to:
- Confirm the potential of the startup
- Implement the economic model to reach the target markets
- Strengthen teams
- Build a phased financial strategy for company development