- 48 hours of challenges
- First prize: €10,000
- Talent born of excellence in digital and bioinformatics training
- Cutting-edge research subjects
- High innovation and valorization potential
Held once yearly for researchers, students and entrepreneurs, the D4Gen challenge aims to energize innovation.
Construct the future of innovation!
Every year, the D4Gen hackathon brings together a number of teams all seeking to discover new ways of using the power of artificial intelligence to resolve medical and environmental challenges.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is revolutionizing healthcare by demonstrating its applicability in, for example, the optimization of patient planning, the automation of manual tasks, the examination of medical files, the analysis of x-rays, the detection of prescription errors, and yes, even the establishment of diagnoses!
Moreover, AI is furnishing new ways of addressing the sustainable development issues all of humanity is facing today.
AI modeling empowers scenario simulation, environment previsualization, risk anticipation, and crisis prevention & response. Notably, it enables a better understanding of the complex factors underlying a given situation and the identification of the levers available to resolve it.
And it’s just getting started! Although AI is clearly a boon for innovation, there remain numerous challenges to overcome for its deployment and regulation.
Are you up to the challenge of surmounting obstacles and advancing healthcare and a healthier environment?
Join us then for the next edition of D4Gen to collectively invent new problem-solving concepts or prototypes!
Four ways to participate in this year’s D4Gen hackathon
- Propose a challenge that you want to take on and create a team of new recruits that you’ll lead during the competition.
- Join a team focused on a challenge that is important to you, thus lending your competencies to the conceptualization and finalization of a pertinent solution.
- Become a mentor and contribute to innovation by offering a few hours of your know-how to the teams.
- Become an event sponsor and thus accompany innovation experts and future talents on a path to better healthcare and a more sustainable environment.
Save the date: the next D4Gen hackathon will be held 22-24 March 2024.
Put it in your agenda today!
The D4Gen Hackathon is an opportunity to
- evolve in a fertile environment for creativity,
- network and gain new competencies and skill-sets,
- have access to advanced digital services,
- gain visibility,
- benefit from Genopole support before, during and after the event.
GIP Genopole maintains its engagement with challenge providers beyond the two-day event.
Genopole provides support for the implementation, valorization and transfer of technologies by providing a wide range of research support programs, a partnering network, shared-use state-of-the-art technological platforms and expertise & accompaniment in business creation.
D4Gen in a nutshell
- 22 submitted projects
- 15 retained projects
- 6 financed and supported laureates
- Strong student participation (12 Grandes Écoles/universities)
- Renowned research structures (Genoscope, IBISC, Genethon, Institut Pasteur, Institut Curie and more)
Deliverables and evaluation criteria